Berry Beet Smoothie
- 1 small beet cut into small chunks*
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup frozen berries (my favourite is a raspberry- blackberry combo)
- 1/3 frozen banana
- 1/2 scoop Karen® Phytoplankton
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 cup cooled green tea (can sub water, or non-dairy milk of choice for a creamier option)
* I do not peel my beets, just give them a good scrub! If you have a high powered blender, the beet can go in raw. If you do not, you will want to pre-cook the beet so not to destroy your machine! ?
Add all of your ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth and enjoy!